What is ETA/eVisitor?
An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or eVisitor provides authorisation to travel to and enter Australia and is electronically linked to your passport.
It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities such as attending a conference, making business enquiries, or for contractual negotiations.
An ETA/eVisitor is not a work visa. If you would like to work in Australia you can use our Visa finder to search for a visa that is suitable for you, visit
- What is the SEPA Transfer?
- Are children required to apply for Australia Online ETA/eVisitor?
- What advantages does the Online ETA/eVisitor provide?
- What should I do if I have made a mistake in my online Australia ETA/eVisitor application?
- Am I guaranteed admission to Australia?
- Do I need to renew my Australia Online ETA/eVisitor if my passport has changed/expired?
- How long is an Australia Online ETA/eVisitor valid for?
- What kind of information do I need to complete the Australia Online ETA/eVisitor application?
- Do I need an ETA/eVisitor to go to Australia?
- Who requires an ETA/eVisitor to enter Australia?
- How Australia Visa Works?